Monday, April 11, 2011

New Pairs of Shoes

Caught your attention huh? too bad my post today is boring.
(Found this picture on someone's tumblr)*
Number 5 was the truth to my last blog, so congrats to Florence and Roianthony for getting it correct! (Pretty unfair when your friends already know.) Haha, well I’m pretty glad how light the online workload is this week! I’m actually serious about it! No sarcasm at all! I had a few exams to study for this week, so I had plenty of time to focus without distraction or getting worried about other schoolwork. So thank you Prof. Croker, I’m very grateful for this week! 

However, school has been good and bad to me lately. I guess spring isn’t my season because I always feel less motivated and have a less drive to continue forward. Spring just seems to have more loops; it feels like riding another roller coaster in the form of a corkscrew. Whereas the ride can bring a thrilling element that later ends with knots in my hair and a twist in my stomach, leaving me quite unsteady every time.
I am actually very disappointed in myself that I have dropped another class and I am no longer a full time student. But even as a student with eleven credits, I am still having trouble with a few of my classes. I am already starting to have doubts on whether I should continue my major because I really dread spending time in a science lab.
I really have to agree with Prof. Croker’s proverb, “perfection leads to paralysis that causes procrastination,” because every time I had aimed for perfection, it had only lead me into procrastinating more than ever. Since I began college, I wanted to lose the high school behavior. I had thought perfection was an answer. Just as long as I didn’t make mistakes, my path would only lead to success. Obviously I was wrong, but certain mistakes can sometimes make a great impact that causes one to be less motivated than before. I later realized that if we use these mistakes correctly and learn from them, it makes us a better person (never perfect).
Lately, I haven’t been able to keep my focus since a couple of minor mishaps that occurred around spring break, which is still bothering me in some way. Nevertheless, I try to keep my chin up and find ways to keep me motivated. Like finding a way to reward myself for every week I complete without missing class and without failing to turn in work, then I would give myself a day of work-free and maybe go shopping! Maybe even reward myself with new pairs of shoes! J

4 comments:

  1. Don't be too hard on yourself. We all get caught up every once in a while. It's good that you reward yourself when you most deserve. Whenever I do, I feel relieved and stress-free.

    Also, a new pair of shoes are always nice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like this school slump is catching on to everyone. I hope things go better for your schooling. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on the new pair of shoes. I know shopping is a great pickme up when I am upset about a class assignment or class in general. You sould not feel like if you cannot continue. Motivation is the key to success

    ReplyDelete