Friday, April 29, 2011

Truly Great Friends are Hard to Find, Difficult to Leave, and Impossible to Forget

Considering someone important is when a person becomes a considerable influence to oneself. Of course, about every individual we have met in our lifetime has played an important matter in our course of history, but only those who actually give us the sense of meaning of importance are the ones who stand besides us today. Thus, Kimchi Huynh and Ian Cahatol are the two that have become such inspiration. No other friend can compare to their guidance and support they continue to give and share. Thus gives the reason why there is not a third person.
Kimchi has been my best friend since the seventh grade. October 8th, 2004 is the date we like to recall. It is the day that brought us together with tears and joy. It had begun of our never-ending journey as two friends, and as two sisters.


It started with a couple of girls who shared the same feelings towards the same boy, who later revealed his feelings to me, unluckily. This had caused so much anger and hate, feelings that no one would ever wish for. However, it was Kimchi who had my back when these girls decided to show their affection of hate. If only I knew that I would end up in this situation, I would of never liked the guy back! Even if it was one of the worst experiences to have as a child, it also became a memorable one. Since it is now the past, it is one of the few things we look back into and laugh about.


Although, we may live in different cities now, we have never failed to keep in touch. When we have the time, we visit one another as frequently as we can. We both still find enjoyment from talking about boys like young teens do. As far as college goes, we still manage to help one another with almost anything from schoolwork to dating tips to wardrobe malfunctions!
Ian Cahatol, on the other hand, has always been like my mentor. Any situation I happen to be stuck in, he always knew what to say! If not the answer, he always had an alternative up his sleeve. Although, he is often caught in a serious mood, he is very lighthearted and witty.


Whenever I have those bad days, Ian is just the right person to talk to, and it is not because he says what he wants for you to hear. Ian is very honest, and will not hesitate to say anything that comes to mind. If I ever feel blue, red, or ever green, (sad, angry, or ever jealous), he lets me evaluate it. Then he will tell me the possible reason why the event even occurred, or what I can do now to fix it. Ian always gives me hope and motivation, because he is one of the few friends that still believe in me when I finally have ceased to believe in myself.


With every call, Ian is always there with a helping hand. Continually giving reason to look forward to each day. College maybe a hassle and may help add on the extra pounds, but Ian and I made a deal that once our first year is over and when he’s in town, we will have to make at least a three mile run together. Thus, motivating myself to not forget about my health and give away to laziness.



“Friendship is a building contract you sign with laughter and break with tears,” and I think that agreement was made since I had bonded and grown with Kimchi and Ian. Both have been such inspiration to me. They are both smart and can be anything they set their mind to. Like they say, “Truly great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget.”

6 comments:

  1. good detail and i love the quote at the end of the blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. They sound like a great pair of friends to have :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, why am I not mentioned? JK I think your friends are lucky to have you :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its great you have such great friends. I liked reading your blog. NO third person? I guess they really do mean alot to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love meeting good friends during seemingly unrelated events. I got my best friend in a vaguely unpleasant situation. I hope your friendships continue for the rest of your lives.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I applaud your blog. I loved this entry especially because the friendship coming from adversity is a wonderful story.

    ReplyDelete